What It Means To Be A Jew
This is from an Israeli woman.
"See You Next Year in Jerusalem."
- I am not the least afraid to go any place, by bus or to a mall.
- I didn't change or stop doing anything I used to do before this mess
- People tend to forget that twice the casualties from terror get killed
on the roads!
- More people still die from heart attack, cancer, and other things, they
just don't show them on TV.
- Don't misunderstand me, there is a war going on. It's not pleasant,
but, lets face it: WE HAVE NEVER BEEN BETTER OFF!!!!
- It's only TV and the media that make people think that the end of the
world is coming.
- Only 60 years ago, they were leading Jews to their death like sheep to
- No Country... No Army... 55 years ago!!
- Seven Arab countries declared war on the small Jewish State, only a few
- We were then 650,000 Jews! gainst the rest of the Arab world!
- No IDF [Israel Defense Force]. No mighty Air Force, just tough people with nowhere to go.
Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, Saudi Arabia, attacked all at once.
- The country the UN "gave us" as 65% desert.
- The country started from scratch 35 years ago!! We fought the three strongest armies in the Middle East, and wiped them out in six days.
- We fought against different coalitions of Arab countries, with modern armies,
and masses of Soviet Russian weapons, and we still won!!!
- We have today a country, an army, a strong Air Force, a Hi-Tech
economy, exporting millions.
- Intel - Microsoft - IBM develop their stuff here.
- Our doctors win world prizes for medical developments.
- We made the desert flourish, selling oranges and vegetables to the
- Israel has sent its own satellite into space!! Three satellites all together!!.
- We sit proudly, with the US, with 250 million people, with Russia, with
200 million people, with China, with 1.1 billion people, with the Europeans
France, England, Germany, with 350 million people, The only countries
in the world to shoot something into space!!
- Israel is today in the world nuclear power family with the US, Russia,
China, India, France, and England. [We don't admit it, but every one knows...]
- To think that only 60 years ago, we were led, shameful, with no hope, to our death!!
- We crawled out of the burning ashes of Europe, we won our wars here
with less than nothing in our hands, we built an "empire" out of nothing.
- Who the hell is Mr. Arafat to make me Scared? To make me be terrified? You make me laugh!
- Passover was celebrated! Let's not forget what the story is all about.
- We overcame Pharaoh, we overcame the Greeks, we overcame the Romans, we
overcame the Inquisition in Spain, we overcame the Pogroms in Russia, we overcame
Hitler, we overcame the Germans, we overcame the Holocaust, we overcame the
armies of the seven Arab countries, we overcame Saddam.
- Take it easy, folks, we will overcome the present enemies too.
No matter which part of human history you try!
- Think of it! For us, the Jewish people, our situation has never been
- So, let's lift our heads high, let's Remember.....
- Any nation or culture that tried to mess around with us was destroyed -
while we kept going!!!
- Egypt? Anyone know where their empire disappeared to?
- The Greeks? Alexander of Macedonia? The Romans?
- Does anyone today speak Latin?
- The Third Reich? Anyone heard any news about it lately?
- And look at us, the nation from the Bible, from slavery in Egypt, we
are still here, speaking the same language!! Right here, right now.
- The Arabs don't know it yet, but they will learn that there is one a God.
- As long as we keep our identity, we are eternal.
- So, sorry for not worrying, not bitching, not crying, not being scared.
- Things are O.K. here. They surely can be better, but still....
- Don't fall for the media junk. They won't tell you that there are
festivals going on, that people keep on living, that people are going out, that
people are seeing friends.
- Yes, our morale is low, so what? It's only because we weep for our dead while they enjoy the blood.
- This is the same reason why, we will win, after all.
- You can forward this web page if you choose, to the whole Jewish
community, and to people throughout the world. They are part of our strength. It might help some of them to keep their heads up high.
- Tell them that there is nothing to worry about.
- Tell them to think BIG, and to see the whole picture.